Monday, May 2, 2011

Effective ways to Discipline Children

Children are very wonderful, but can really test your patience. The thing to remember is to stay calm and don't discipline them out of frustration, because they will not learn anything. And don't say things in anger because it will hurt your child .And also by saying mean thing to your child, you are not being a good example for your child .How, we as parents act in every situation is also how our child will response when they face that same situation.  I have realized that I have to think about what my child will learn from every saturation.

If I spank my child or put her in the corner for a 30 min., what will she learn? Am I making her sit that long to teach her something or am just making her sit to get her out of my way? Or are you making your child sit in the corner to get even with your child for daring to disobey you! Will she even remember what she has done after all that time?


I have learned that asking my child questions that makes her think works for me. Here are some questions to ask your child:

What happened? What were you thinking of at the time? Who has been affected by what you have done?  In what way? What do you think you need to do to make thing right?

Also what I do is take away something that my child like, for an example, my daughter loves to watch TV, so when she don't listen when I asked her to do something, or she hits her sister she can't watch TV for an 1 or 2 hours, so that she can understand that when she dose good things she will be able to do the things she likes and if she choose to do bad, her privileges will be taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment